06 February 2013

PrimiTiveS Studio Session with Remy and Wouter

At the moment Remy and I are working hard on finishing the collaboration album we are working on called 'PrimiTiveS'. Recently we had another session in my studio and this time also Wouter Bessels joined us. Wouter is Remy's mastering engineer and he will also do the mastering of our upcoming album. It was nice to chat a bit with the both of them, but we also did some hard work. Remy and I played the last lines of music so from now on it is only producing, mixing and mastering. The hard work has begun.

Wouter didn't stay all day, but we discussed a good bit about what we would expect from his mastering work. I worked with two different mastering engineers so far and they all have a different approach I guess. Wouter sure knows what he is talking about though so I have confidence in him :) He did like the rough mixes we have so far, so I guess we are getting somewhere soon. We have to by the way since the dead line is nearing. We discussed with Wouter that we would have to deliver track end februari. And that is soon.

This weekend Remy is coming over again and we have another final session planned in the first weekend of March. That will be the last chance to make any alterations. This weekend we will also finalize the artwork and we will probably share that with you after the weekend. We already determined the track names etc, but now also the track lengths are knows, so expect an update on that soon as well. I know you are all waiting for audio samples. You can expect those somewhere next month I guess. It is getting very exciting for me 2012 was a year without any release, so I cannot wait to get some new music to you guys. Keep on reading here for more news :)

No comments: