10 December 2009

VU Meter (Part 2)

I showed you the front panel before that I made for the Velleman VU meter kit that I build. Well here you see the front panel with the led holders and leds in place. Looks nice doesn't it? Can't wait to see it working. I did make a very little mistake. You can see that the space between the lower two leds and the rest is a bit larger. Probably I skipped 1 click on the grid. Well I don't really care it is not worth producing a whole new front panel only for this. I'm still missing jacks they are also in the Bridechamber package that is still in customs.

Here is a picture of the back of the front panel. I'm still figuring out how to attach the PCB to the front panel. The normal Bridechamber pot brackets won't work here. I think I'll see if I can find some thin aluminum or steel sheets so that I can make my own brackets. Then I won't have to wait on them any more as well. I'll let you know when I figure it out. If anyone has any idea's I'm open for them. I could not get the AD converter for the Oscilloscope by the way. So I decided to send it to Velleman and let them figure it out. I can only wait and see what they come up with.

No comments: