04 July 2009

Beisbroek Planetarium Project by Synth.nl

I was asked to produce some new music for a Planetarium Show that is going to be featured in the Beisbroek Observatory in Brugge (B) the coming 6 months. The show had is premiere on the 3th of July 2009. The total show lasts 45 minutes but they needed music for the first 13:30 minutes of the show. So I made this music especially for this project. The music had to be in the background and therefore I couldn't use much beats or leads. I tried to create more atmospherically and spacey music for this project that would fit nicely under the voice over and also with the video. Unfortunately I didn't get the video so I had to work with the voice over track only. Actually this is my first documentary and I liked doing it. I hope to do more projects like this in the future.

I will release the music I made somewhere in the future by the way. I made four tracks in total called Eclipse, Meteor, Hubble and Nebula. They are mixed together to form the soundtrack for this show. The video is projected on a special dome by the projector you see in the picture on the right. It is able to create a nice image of how the sky looks like at a certain place on Earth at a certain time. Together with some video they produce a very nice image over your head that is 360 degrees around you. Just like you would be outside. I haven't seen the show myself, but I'm looking forward to it. And of course you can go and see the show yourself as well if you like. Here is more information on the Beisbroek Observatory:

http://www.beisbroek.be/


You should ask them when this show is playing though. I don't know that myself at the moment.

I did place a copy of the audio track on my own website so you can listen to it. And even though the voice over is in Dutch I'm sure you will get the picture if you don't understand Dutch. I used a picture of the 'Whale Galaxy' with kind permission of NASA to stay in the theme of my current OceanoGraphy Project by the way. You can find it here:

http://www.synth.nl/Beisbroek

Please do enjoy it and let me know what you think of it :)

3 comments:

theMstop said...

Hi! This is awesome. I work for GenAudio, developer of AstoundSound a sound localization cue technology. I will pass along your project to Jerry Mahabub, CEO & inventor of the technology. Please take a minute to experience the AstoundSound 1-min demo at www.astoundsound.net (best heard with headphones). We're also on Myspace at www.myspace.com/genaudioinc Faceboook too under AstoundSound Expander. Thank you for sharing! Congrats. :)!

Synth.nl said...

Great. Thank you very much. Ik will look up those sites and add them. Thanks again.

OOOLLL said...

Michel,

Wonderful !!
I enjoyed very much your compositions for this project!!

Best regards,

Oksana Linde
VE